“Aamir Khan on Television” we normally associate this phrase when we watch his movies on television or on some news channel. But this phrase will have a new meaning the moment his 1st Show on Television will be aired on 6th May at 11:00. Yes you read it right, it’s a Sunday. As mentioned in our previous post “Will “Satyamev Jayate” bring about change in the Indian Television scenario?” It was not difficult to understand that this Show will surely be a A win win situation for Channels and Audience.
iDubba tries to find out some of the reasons why “Satyamev Jayate” has the potential to change the Indian Television scenario:
- Satyameva Jayate will be first Indian television show to be telecast simultaneously by a private entertainment television channel and Doordarshan—the national broadcaster. Yes it will be shown on DD. Apart from Star Plus; the show will also have simulcast on STAR Pravah, STAR Jalsha, STAR Utsav, Asianet and STAR Vijay within the STAR Network
- The show is scheduled to telecast on Sundays at 11 A.M. Mr Khan wanted to telecast it on Sunday as this is considered as “family TV viewing” slot in Indian Television and also TV shows such as Mahabharata and Ramayana were aired on Sunday mornings, and well, we all know how successful these shows were
- The title sponsorship has been signed at around 16 – 20 crore, while associate sponsors have paid 6 – 7 crore. WOW… This is huge…Right?
- There are reports that Aamir Khan is getting paid Rs 3 crore to anchor Satyamev Jayate. So is he the highest paid actor on Indian Television? Well here you go…Amitabh apparently got a fee of Rs 2 crore for his stint in Kaun Banega Crorepati 5, while Salman got reportedly around Rs 2 crore for lending his presence to Bigg Boss 5
- Aamir Khan along with Ram Sampath, (music director of Delhi Belly) has created 16 songs for the 16 episodes. This too is a first of its kind
Well these are just some of the facts about this show that make it a unique show even before it’s 1st episode being aired. As we all know the Marketing King of Films would definitely have one of a kind plan for his 1st Television show. So here are a few that might impress you.
- The teasers of the show have been all over YouTube
- Makers of show has booked around 2,000 slots for the broadcaster’s promos in 27 hours for an amount of 6.25 crore
- The theme song of the show will be shown in 300 theaters across India after the national anthem. Yes in Movie Halls, Only Aamir Khan can come up with such amazing idea
So are you all excited to watch this one of a kind show? Do you think this will be a win win situation for Channels and Audience?
Be prepared for all the embarrassment when next time you will watch Bigg Boss show and your parents will ask you “Who is Sunny Leone?”
Yes that’s right because Indo-Canadian porn star Sunny Leone will be seen in Bigg Boss Season 5 house on Saturday. This 30 year old adult film star happily tweeted the news and “Sunny Leone” has been trending on twitter since then. I am still zapped and astonished that what else the directors and producers of the show will do next to gain TRPs as they are ready to grab all eyeballs with this one.
Sunny Leone whose real name is Karen Malhotra has been roped in to be the international celebrity on Season 5. She is an Indo-Canadian pornographic actress, businesswoman and model. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Year in 2003 and was a contract star for Vivid Entertainment. Named by Maxim as one of the 12 top porn stars in 2010, she has also played roles in independent mainstream films and television shows.
Bigg Boss 5 can’t get more controversial than this with the entry of adult film star. Her entry in the house is going to create too much drama and excitement for viewers and house mates as well specially the three male house mates.
Watch out if your boyfriend/husband has started watching Bigg Boss suddenly!
Colors launched its most awaited reality show of the year, Bigg Boss (Season 5) with the punchline as “Double Vaat” (sounds more like Roadies punchline). This season promises to be 5 times more exciting as they have roped in Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan as hosts with 13 female and only 1 male contestant as house inmates (only time will tell). BigBoss with its famous controversies since last 4 seasons has not left any stone unturned this time as well to make it equally hyped.
The chemsitry of Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan guarantees “Double Dhamaal”. The first premiere has definitely managed to get good TRPs with the introduction of Shakti Kapoor as the only male contestant with other 13 female inmates which have names such as Pooja Bedi, Nihita Biswas (Wife of serial killer Charles Sobhraj), TV anchor Mandeep Bevli, 6-months pregnant wrestler Sonika Malik, Gulabo Sapera, Laxmi Narayan. Twitter’s top two trending keywords were #biggboss and #BB5 for two straight days.
So what do you expect with 13 beauties and 1 beast trapped in one house…more Drama and more controversies and arguably more TRPs for the channel. Just recently read on twitter @India Today that Nihita’s mother has lashed out at Mandeep as the latter ignited the conversation by asking “Did you have sex with Sobhraj?” to which Nihita was dumbfounded and tried to escape it but the next question was why did she marry him then. The first episode was 12 hours old when I read it.So one can think about the gravity of sensationalism the complete season will bring with it.
According to an insider, Sonika Kaliraman, the woman wrestler who is 6 months pregnant is going to be in the show for only 1 week! Is that true or just another cheap gimmick to gain popularity? We will have to wait for this one to check.
Yes right, we heard a lot bigger names like Jonty Rhodes, Mike Tyson, Shakira but seems will have to settle with overwhelming presence of girl power inside this mad house this time. Moreover, this also proves that much of money was already spent on Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan and producers might not have left with much steam to bring in these heavy weight contestants. Channel later on defended itself by saying that they never claimed these names.
Remain hooked to this space for more updates about the gossip, catfights, back-biting sessions, horrid fights and flirtatious encounters (if Shakti Kapoor manages one) happening inside BiggBoss’s house.
So finally “What it takes to be Bigg Boss house inmate?” – Our answer to the question is:
- One needs to be out of work self proclaimed celebrity.
- Or, married to a serial killer who is undergoing trial. Or a thief itself (remember Bunty who was disqualified in the first episode itself)
- Nobody knows your name but you have been working for upliftment of women in India.
- Or, if you can bitch endlessly or create a lot of drama leading to controversies.
Do you know some other qualities too?
The moment we here these 2 words, there is a sense of excitement and eagerness to know the contestants, their plans to win and Drama. Big Boss was launched in 2006 and currently the 5 season has just started. There was a time when i use to watch it with Family. (Season 1 and 2). You might ask what about Season 3 and 4… Well, no hard feelings to my fellow friends and lakhs of audiences around the world, who do like the show; I too am a huge fan of Reality Shows, but off lately the content has gone to extreme levels.
Earlier to win Big Boss, contestants would try to be smart and quietly play the game with strategy, but now its more to do with loads of Noice and Cheap Tricks. (People say everything is fair in love and war). Well this is not War, not its Love. Its a Reality show.
There was a time when people were exited to know what will Rahul Roy (Season 1 Winner) play, how will be plan his next move. And now people are exited to hear Dolly Bindra open her mouth and beep beep beep…. Times have changed, but not to this extent. I also agree that a lot of younger audiences are making it a huge hit, but I’m sure over the period of time they too might find it unacceptable. Also, I am very well aware that some of the critics might say that if you don’t like it, don’t watch it, sure that is a nice way to put it, but the only point of difference is the content.
No Doubt this show is a big hit and have broken all TRP’s and is on a journey of yet another successful season, but somehow its lost its charm.I am aware that you might say that its a show for matured audience, i too agree with that. But not sure if its right to say that this show is a mature show any more. BigBoss is a great concept and is a big HIT, but hope then soon do get the charm back as the initial Seasons.