Posts Tagged ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’
[To set reminder and check TV schedule of MAD in India click here......]
MAD in India, Sunil Grover aka Gutthi’s show will be replacing the current favorite show of viewers on Star Plus Nach Baliye 6. iDubba already told its readers that Sunil Grover will be coming soon with his new show in a new avatar called ‘Chutki’ and now we confirm the news of it to replace NB6 and also the name of his show. It’s MAD in India! Unusual but totally his type’s right?
Since Nach Baliye 6 will be reaching its crescendo next week, Star Plus couldn’t have thought well than this. Gutthi became a household name when Sunil portrayed this iconic character in Comedy Nights with Kapil on the rival channel COLORS.
After much success and fame, Sunil demanded an increase in money from the channel and finally left the show when he was denied. Star Plus surely took an advantage by tapping his talent and giving him a solo show which Sunil very well deserves.
The dance reality show Nach Baliye will bid adieu next week and Mad in India will happily replace it, please note it is not clashing with Comedy Nights with Kapil. This pact was peacefully signed between the two. Sunil made it very clear that he is not coming to compete with Kapil instead to make more money and get individual attention.
Stand-up comedian Sunil Grover is very excited with this golden opportunity. He will be playing ‘Chutki’ in the show, a character which will be quiet similar to his very popular role of ‘Gutthi.’ He will be sharing the stage with TV host and now a Bollywood hero Manish Paul and Dolly Ahluwalia from the movie ‘Vicky Donor.’
Manish would be seen interviewing various celebrities from TV and film fraternity. Sunil will be doing funny gigs with them in different avatars. Sources also tell us that ace Marathi comedian Siddharth Jadhav, who was seen in Comedy Circus will also join the team of these mad people.
Currently the team is working on the concepts and scripts. Sunil is happy that Indian viewers have started liking comedy shows over daily soaps as they give a variety of entertaining gigs which can be seen with the entire family. I am sure Sunil and his team will put lot of effort to make it different from Kapil’s show but people will certainly draw comparisons so he should be ready to take them.
There is again a feminine avatar similar to Gutthi, his favorite punches will be almost same, and we also saw the look of Chutki in Nach Baliye 6 when he came to promote it, which was little like Gutthi who used to wear Indian clothes.
Looks like there will be a good dose of comedy shows over the coming weekends. The time slot for this show is 9 pm and then at 10 pm you can watch Comedy Nights with Kapil. It’s gonna be a roller coaster ride of laughter for the viewers from next week. We wish Sunil all the best for his new journey!
Till then share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this post on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favourite shows on iDubba app
We all know the iconic character of ‘Gutthi’ played by ace comedian Sunil Grover. Gutthi’s antics became the talk of the nation, her sense of dressing up, ponytail and her amusing comedy made everyone her favorite character from the very popular show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’. Then one day suddenly Sunil Grover made a sudden exit from the show breaking millions of hearts.
But now he is coming back with a bang in a new avatar called ‘Chutki’! Sunil Grover cracked a big deal with Star Plus to present his own show with a new identity of ‘Chutki’, a female character who will resemble somewhat like ‘Gutthi’ in terms of her get-up and body language but it won’t be exactly similar.
Sunil is very careful not to make his show look a copy of Kapil’s show which comes on a rival channel. Hence the Star Plus team and Sunil are working hard to make it look exciting yet fresh for the audiences. The motive though remains the same- to make people go on a roller coaster ride of laughter!
There will be a team of other talented actors as well who will do comedy in Sunil’s show. It will not be a one man’s show. Sunil has chalked out a plan for making his jokes and skits more sidesplitting and different from what you see on TV currently.
Well, the big question here is whether public is going to give as much love to ‘Chutki’ as they gave to ‘Gutthi?’ Whether Sunil Grover’s new role will woo the audiences? ‘Chutki’ will be definitely compared with ‘Gutthi’ since they both are kind of alter egos of Sunil Grover.
He gave birth to ‘Gutthi’ who was impeccably successful and now it’s ‘Chutki’ turn to prove herself. People really miss ‘Gutthis’ dialect, her funny dance moves and awesome chemistry with ‘Palak.’ ‘Gutthi’ had an amazing comic timing and her histrionics created waves of laughter in every house hold.
Indeed the pressure would be much high, Sunil must be preparing himself for the big comparison yet we all should not forget that he is a super talented man. Sunil has in fact made it very clear that he doesn’t want to compete with Kapil’s show hence his show timings will be from 8.30 pm. Kapil and Sunil had a meeting and they decided to mutually co-exist instead of fighting for the TRPs.
Looks like 2014 is going to be an adventurous year for Sunil as he is also going to make his debut in Akshay Kumar’s Bollywood movie ‘Gabbar.’ In the race of winning a role in Bollywood, Sunil has definitely taken a lead from Kapil but let’s see how he performs in his new show which will air from January end or February first week.
It’s no harm in giving him one chance. I hope that his new avatar would be liked by audiences. iDubba welcomes ‘Chutki’ and wishes her ALL THE BEST!!
Do share your views and feedback about this post on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app…
The days are ticking down and so is our countdown… In a way we are happy that we took you all on a journey down the memory lane and in a way we are sad that these trips down the memory lanes will end soon.
But don’t you guys worry, we will find something as interesting to keep you entertained for in the new year… but for now its time to appreciate the shows that have bestowed their entertainment skills throughout the year on us and have grabbed our hearts that we have named them the Best shows of the year…
The list is divided on the bases of Fiction, Crime, Comedy and reality… Although, we already covered these categories in our previous post, but these shows deserve a special mention for being the best of the best.
Also, a special mention of the makers of the show has also ordered as a note of appreciation to them for making their show such a great success. What are we waiting for?? Let’s start the list.
- Balika Vadhu: Just yesterday the makers of the show said at Golden Petal awards that the show is completing almost 1500 episodes. So this addition in our list was but obvious, isn’t it? The year ‘2013’ has been full of challenges with the show’s lead Pratyusha Banerjee moving out and Toral Rasputra being roped in as the new Anandi which, did give this project a jolt. But as all good fighters do it came back with a bang only to get another switch from Sriti to Sargun, but Balika Vadhu has somehow managed to stay above the rocky terrain… well now that called a real feat!!!
- Sphere Origins (Balika Vadhu): A trend-setter of a show going strong with beautifully crafted story lines that often deals with social issues. The team of Sunjoy Wadhwa and Purnendu Shekhar emerged as ‘visionaries’ who showed the way of breaking the shackles of ‘saas-bahu sagas’ on TV and coming up with a novel subject which will entice the audience to stick to it, even after years of its launch…
- Diya Aur Baati Hum: This show has been topping the TV charts for almost two years now. Somehow Bhabho torturing Sandhya and asking her leave her dream and Suraj’s determination to get the dream fulfilled has appealed one and all. Now, that Sandhya would be an IPS officer, we can think of number of possibilities where Sandhya would be stuck between her ‘Farz’ and ‘Dharm’… A lot of scope remains for the show, so all the best and keep up the good work.
- Shashi-Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt. Ltd (Diya Aur Baati Hum): Shashi and Sumeet Mittal who started their journey in Hindi television as writers have made a big impact as Producers. The most impressive aspect of the show is that the major crux of the concept has just started, and there is a long way to go for this already popular show.
- Jodha Akbar: Zee TV’s Jodha Akbar has managed to be a wonder show. It started slowly but today it stands second on the TV charts with a huge fan following.
- Balaji Telefilms (Jodha Akbar): Ekta Kapoor has once again proved her critics wrong by making a success story of Jodha Akbar. After a lot of controversy and problems the popularity for the leading characters is simply growing with every passing day.
- Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara: This Star Plus show has all the ingredients that a Rajshri project must have. This hit formula mixture seems to have worked for the show as its being liked by one and all. This sweet show is climbing the ladder of success slowly and steadily.
- Rajshri Productions (Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara): Simplicity mixed with a realistic feel when it comes to their characters and story-telling – this is what keeps Rajshri Productions in the elite group.
- Qubool Hai: we can call it the favorite kind of love story… the success of the show has proves it as well. Their risk of depicting a Muslim family and a daringly free bird Zoya has been gone well and has created the right kind of buzz all over.
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: beauty lies in simplicity and this show is as simple as it is beautiful… an ode to the makers to break all norms of Masala Mixing in the show, and proving one and all that Indian Television Soap Opera can run well on a different norm as well.
- Director’s Kut (Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai): all we can present you with is a Salute… No amount of words can describe their success of this show.
- Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke: every time the show has managed to do something that grabs the attention of youth… with a rebel mind and brave souls that support her the show has somehow become a message giver and thus may be is appreciated by one and all.
- Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon: if we say same old formula of love stories… all would definitely agree. But the twist is added in the show by its casting, RK and Madhubala have worked the magic really well, and though all they do is either fight or cry or fight more or express love or fight some more…. The show is being doing well.
Crime Related Shows
- Crime Patrol: one of the biggest hit and success story on Sony Tv. An inspiration to many that are following the foot step… It is basically the trend setter for real life crime stories being aired in fiction.
- Optimystix Productions (Crime Patrol and Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali): And what have we to tell about their other popular show, Crime Patrol? The manner in which they bring to the notice of audience, horrendous and sensitive real-life cases makes Optimystix stand out from the rest.
To create a comedy show like Comedy Circus is one thing, but to sustain its success for many years is another? It’s simply a team-effort that has kept this stand-up comedy show going strong for years!!
- CID: the show has been running from 16 years and has been remade in different languages as well. For an adult CID represents the forwarded jokes that brings smile in their daily routine, but for kids they are kind of superheroes that solve mysteries and break doors. ;p
- Fireworks Productions (Hum Ne Li Hai.. Shapath and CID): The time has taken a twist and Reality based crime shows have had conquered the market…but these shows manages to capture the market effortlessly which is a great success in itself.
- Gumrah : The show targets the youth crimes…. And reciprocates love from the youth at every level. In its season 3 the show has brought a sense of awareness especially in today’s youth.
- Lost Boy Productions (Gumrah, Yeh Hai Aashiqui, MTV Webbed): Vikas Gupta and his team have kept giant steps in educating and spreading messages to the young blood via their real-life stories in Gumrah and MTV Webbed.
The team has given a trend-setter in Yeh Hai Aashiqui, a show that tells unusual, gripping love stories. Must say, the creative team of all the three shows needs a pat on their backs for enlightening the viewers with grave issues and incidents.
- Comedy Nights with Kapil: “Over Night Success”… this is the perfect term for the show, it shooted like a rocket and by the second or the third episode everybody talked about the show… and its characters. Today every star wants to be a part of Comedy Nights With Kapil. The best example is of SRK coming on this show not once but twice as he was so much in awe of Kapil.
The project also had its share of off screen moments with its set catching fire and Sunil Grover (Gutthi) opting out of the project. But, in spite of all the highs and lows it has managed to maintain its popularity.
- K9 / SOL Productions (Comedy Nights with Kapil): Kapil Sharma, take a bow!! The man has got a huge share of popularity for being a super anchor and producer who has taken the show to great heights.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: . How many of our GEC shows have a Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi and a South Indian family staying together in the same society? Well none as most of the stories revolve between two families of the same cast but this family entertainer – rib tickling drama has all in it. It manages to stand out of the crowd in the number race.
- Neela Telefilms (Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah): Take a bow, making everyone laugh nonstop even after this long a run and still going super steady… all we can say is we love you all.
- Big Synergy (Kaun Banega Crorepati): Siddhartha Basu and Anita Kaul Basu’s brain child (KBC) is now an independent individual who stands tall amidst some serious competition. Year after year, the makers along with their dynamic host Amitabh Bachchan have managed to reap rewards of its success.
- Bigg Boss 7: The ‘Baap’ of all shows, Bigg Boss can only survive with trouble brewing from all quarters!! This time around the controversial quotient touched a altogether different notch.
- Endemol India (Bigg Boss 7): Bigg Boss can be loved, hated but never be ignored!, Though this season is touted to be a bit more violent and cheap, nobody can ever stop talking about it.
Hmmm!!!! Like a yummy pastry on any occasion makes the day… these show have made our year yummier than ever, wishing them all the luck and love for the next year. May you all bring something new, interesting, special and amazing for us to enjoy…
While you float in the nostalgia of these show, we will see you tomorrow with our special countdown post. Till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying and Keep Reading!!! And yup don’t forget to send across your Views, Reviews, Suggestions and Remarks.
Imagine while you are watching your favorite reality show and the contestants/participants/ performers… introduce themselves and move on with their performance, ask for points for themselves and leave, sort out issues between each other, entertain the guest on the show, open up each other’s secret etc… etc…
But won’t it be too much work for them, judges and us as well; thus an Anchor usually conducts the whole show. Well this is just like any other job to introduce, entertain and maintain the decorum of the show … but a good anchor brings in a right mix of content, drama and controversies contestants.
This one person, who is unbiased, forms the connecting bridge between the judges and the contestants and of course, the audience. A tough job indeed, as the anchor needs to survive amidst odds and take the show forward… In simple words a job where only the ‘best’ can ‘survive’… and survive they did, passed the tests of the pressure of reality show and the physical and emotional strength with flying colors.
To put it in their words… Let’s start with our first contender of the 2013 Countdown post – Best Anchors…
- Amitabh Bachchan (Kaun Banega Crorepati) – Aah, what do we say about this man? The man with the signature baritone has become an identity to the country’s biggest quiz show. The contestants on the show are rather happy to meet this man than winning the prize money.
- Anup Soni (Crime Patrol) - The man who has to narrate some of the goriest of crimes in India has to have a strong personality to connect to the audience. And Sony TV found the best host in Anup Soni.
- Cyrus Sahukar (Sab Khelo Sab Jeeto) – The actor has been around for quite some time entertaining the public with his VJing on popular shows. Having to interact with families in this fun game show, Cyrus is at his best making them feel at home. His experience surely comes forward with this show.
- Jay Bhanushali (Dance India Dance) – The actor has definitely grown along with this show with every passing season. Jay acts as the friend to the contestants and punching bags for the judges and grandmaster ‘Mithun’.
His funny antics on the show has made him as popular as the contestants and has brought him immense popularity. The show is today incomplete without him and the sweet guy has become an asset to the show.
- Gautam Rode/Karan Wahi (Nach Baliye) – Debuting as a host as ‘bade’ and accompanied by ‘chote’ Karan Wahi, the duo have become a household name. Karan also hosted the children singing show with Mandira earlier this year. His ability to take jokes on himself has made him a good choice to add some fun and humour on any show.
- Kapil Sharma (Jhalak Dikhla Jaa & Comedy Nights with Kapil) – Well, this man has carved a place for himself as a TV anchor by coming out with a bang with his show on Colors and then joined another funny man, Manish Paul on Jhalak. This man is gifted and we have no doubt in it. If not then why would B-town actors actually want to visit his show again and again?
- Karan Kundra (Gumrah) – He has been a great find as a host who connects with the youth in a very personal level. Warning youngsters about how one moment of wrong judgment can spoil their life, Kundra is today touted as a youth icon with this show.
- Mandira Bedi (Indian Idol Junior) – With her superb communication skills and an aura to herself, Mandira is a great choice as a host to any kind of event. Her talent to do extremely well in sticky situations makes her a great choice.
- Manish Paul (Jhalak Dikhla Jaa) – He has completely changed the idea of how a host should behave and today most of the anchors are aping this man. He is a favourite of the masses, the show’s contestants and also the judges. His style of joking around with judges makes for a rib tickling act.
- Ragini Khanna (India’s Best Dramebaaz) – She has a smile to die for and when she is with kids, she too turns as naughty and cute like them. And now with her handling the podium in most of the award shows, Ragini is making a mark well as an anchor.
- Rithvik Dhanjani (India’s Best Dramebaaz & Yeh Hai Aashiqui) – This good looking boy is charming, a smooth talker and a favourite among the audience. Rithvik who is extremely popular manages to attract audience to the show with his lover boy attitude.
- Rohit Roy (The Bachelorette India) – The man had a very important role in the dating game of Life OK featuring Malika Sherawat. Trying to interact with the dozen of contenders, who had come to woo the woman and most importantly handling the tantrums of this drama queen,
- Salman Khan (Bigg Boss) – There is a reason why we kept him at last … He is the man who is credited for the popularity of the show along with the other big pull-controversy! And only the bhai can have the guts to scold and warn contestants when they go over the board, even when the show demands them to do that. Today his show will hit a Full stop… so watch him while you can till the next season.
So!!!! What do you think… haven’t they made your weekends more fun with their superb skills. Whether cracking jokes on others or themselves these lovely Anchors carry them flawlessly and with an air of humor that does not feel disrespectful.
Honestly, my writing skill won’t be able to do justice to their speaking skills. All we can offer is a token of thanks, a token of appreciation and the biggest token of love with an equal amount of blessing for the future.
For now, we bid adieu, only to come back tomorrow for the next edition of our countdown post. till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying and Keep Reading!!! And yup don’t forget to send across your Views, Reviews, Suggestions and Remarks.
So!!!! Another day of the year has gone and we are coming ever closer to the New Year!!!! Aren’t you guys excited or what????
Well I deeply apologize for yesterday, taking you down the memoirs of show that has been axed in the year must have been nostalgic to the fans of the show… but that’s part and parcel of our countdown, we wouldn’t have liked to miss them a good mention, they all deserved it.
Anyways if yesterday was Melancholy, today is all about Tickling Ribs… Yup the Comedy shows of 2013 that have made you shed tears of happiness. The show that have given you joke to share with friends the very next day, or have given you cheesy non cheesy lines to increase your humor quotient or has given you a new time pass on You Tube when you are getting bored or has given you a smile after a grilling session with Boss/Employee/ Wife/Husband.
Well if the show has made you laugh out loud, we are proud to feature it in our countdown post… The Shows that tickled you over the year 2013.
Over the time the definition of comedy shows has broaden… And thus we have split the table for shows into four parts as well.
Well these have been charmers for the year… Although Comedy Circus series have been entertaining us all… The title Comedy Nights has claimed all fame in this and most of the other genre as well.
The TRP of Comedy Nights with Kapil had brought multitude of Celebrities on show, which in return maintained the TRP. Comedy Circus has been steady source of laughter and talented comedians this year as well. This year the Talent of ‘Hasya Kavita’ has also showered us with hilarious and entertaining moments, the follower of this up till dying art breathed a sigh of relief and happiness with the kind of response the show received.
All in all we can say that our ribs are super proud of these ticklers.
While reality comedy show took all the spot light, we had some that are as equally special. These show often make a strong memoirs in the minds of the viewers… remember Hum Paanch.
Ohk!!!! so we do not want to go that back in the memory lane, so let’s stick to this year. A mix of new shows and old readily entertained us, with antics that there characters threw or for the trouble they always end up into.
The best part of all this is that they usually have an underline message, and that message is usually so pure and sweet that it makes the hilarious journey sweeter.
Well this is definitely one of a kind category and does it have just one entry in it… Cooking shows might have a joke or two cracked while the soup is steering, but here the whole story revolves around like a comic fictional show….. where the housemates don’t just act but cook regularly and show us how they have done it including a recap at the end of the show.
Well, the year has been innovative and we give this show all points for that.
Well both the topics actually go hand in hand like two school kids… after all you cannot have major traumatic drama in the shows that you cater to kids, all the emotional quotient and melodrama is fixed only inside show catering to teen and above.
Although a common theme but 2013 has just one entry for the category…
COMEDY + CHILDREN SHOW
||Mon-Fri at 8:00pm
Just looking at these shows, which are ready to make me laugh everyday or on weekends; brings a smile on my face. As I remember the favorite funny moments of watching these shows with Family, Friends or Alone or as I said great fun in cracking those jokes again to share a laugh with one and all.
I Have to agree this has been one of the most fun journey down the memory lane for me and I hope and have faith that it is same for you as well… but remember there are still 11 days left to the New Year, which mean equal amount of journey in 2013 as well.
So while you enjoy the feel of Happy memoirs we sign off right now to prepare and bring tomorrow post of our countdown… See you guys tomorrow, till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying and Keep Reading!!! And yup don’t forget to send across your Views, Reviews, Suggestions and Remarks.