Posts Tagged ‘comedy shows’
[To set reminder and check TV schedule of MAD in India click here......]
“Gutthi…Kapil, Kapil…Guthi, Guthi…audience, audience…Guthi”! If you are still wondering about these famous lines of Gutthi from ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, then you are bang on right! We all know who made this legendary introduction on the show and we need not go about introducing ‘Gutthi’ once again.
However, we do need to mention about Gutthi aka Sunil Grover’s new avatar, Chutki, which is set to make a debut with ‘Mad in India’. The show, another comedy interview with famous celebs, is soon to get near you on Star Plus, from 16th February onwards.
The show might be on similar lines with ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, but the show is most likely to witness celebs from all across genres. Starting with Cricket, Chutki is all set to make a debut with her first guest, a cricket legend, the latest ‘Bharat Ratna’ famed Sachin Tendulkar.
Earlier, the makers were in talks to rope in Yuvraj Singh, but the cricketer backed out due to other important assignments and the result was even better. The negotiations, which are heard to be in the final stages, are all likely to bring ‘Sachin Tendulkar’ in a completely never seen before comedy based interview. It will be fun to see the legendary actor expose his lighter side on the chat show, unlike his more serious interviews before.
Sunil Grover aka Chutki, will be seen sharing the stage with hosts Manish Paul and Dolly Ahluwalia. In fact, while taking to press, Sunil said that he wanted to make the audience laugh and so chose the name ‘Mad in India’!
Just like ‘Comedy Nights’, the show concept will witness Manish Paul chatting with celeb guests, while Chutki will make impromptu appearances in donning different avatars, to interact with them.
The audience, in short is likely to see a slice of ‘Gutthi’ in Chutki soon, but the idea of being torn between the two comedy chat shows will be quite interesting to watch out for.
Although, the comparisons between the two chat shows are likely to happen, only time which will spell the quantum success of MID compared to CNWK. Stay tuned to watch this space for more news related to your favorite shows, only on idubba.
Share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this post on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favourite shows on iDubba app
[To set reminder and check TV schedule of MAD in India click here......]
MAD in India, Sunil Grover aka Gutthi’s show will be replacing the current favorite show of viewers on Star Plus Nach Baliye 6. iDubba already told its readers that Sunil Grover will be coming soon with his new show in a new avatar called ‘Chutki’ and now we confirm the news of it to replace NB6 and also the name of his show. It’s MAD in India! Unusual but totally his type’s right?
Since Nach Baliye 6 will be reaching its crescendo next week, Star Plus couldn’t have thought well than this. Gutthi became a household name when Sunil portrayed this iconic character in Comedy Nights with Kapil on the rival channel COLORS.
After much success and fame, Sunil demanded an increase in money from the channel and finally left the show when he was denied. Star Plus surely took an advantage by tapping his talent and giving him a solo show which Sunil very well deserves.
The dance reality show Nach Baliye will bid adieu next week and Mad in India will happily replace it, please note it is not clashing with Comedy Nights with Kapil. This pact was peacefully signed between the two. Sunil made it very clear that he is not coming to compete with Kapil instead to make more money and get individual attention.
Stand-up comedian Sunil Grover is very excited with this golden opportunity. He will be playing ‘Chutki’ in the show, a character which will be quiet similar to his very popular role of ‘Gutthi.’ He will be sharing the stage with TV host and now a Bollywood hero Manish Paul and Dolly Ahluwalia from the movie ‘Vicky Donor.’
Manish would be seen interviewing various celebrities from TV and film fraternity. Sunil will be doing funny gigs with them in different avatars. Sources also tell us that ace Marathi comedian Siddharth Jadhav, who was seen in Comedy Circus will also join the team of these mad people.
Currently the team is working on the concepts and scripts. Sunil is happy that Indian viewers have started liking comedy shows over daily soaps as they give a variety of entertaining gigs which can be seen with the entire family. I am sure Sunil and his team will put lot of effort to make it different from Kapil’s show but people will certainly draw comparisons so he should be ready to take them.
There is again a feminine avatar similar to Gutthi, his favorite punches will be almost same, and we also saw the look of Chutki in Nach Baliye 6 when he came to promote it, which was little like Gutthi who used to wear Indian clothes.
Looks like there will be a good dose of comedy shows over the coming weekends. The time slot for this show is 9 pm and then at 10 pm you can watch Comedy Nights with Kapil. It’s gonna be a roller coaster ride of laughter for the viewers from next week. We wish Sunil all the best for his new journey!
Till then share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this post on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favourite shows on iDubba app
The days are ticking down and so is our countdown… In a way we are happy that we took you all on a journey down the memory lane and in a way we are sad that these trips down the memory lanes will end soon.
But don’t you guys worry, we will find something as interesting to keep you entertained for in the new year… but for now its time to appreciate the shows that have bestowed their entertainment skills throughout the year on us and have grabbed our hearts that we have named them the Best shows of the year…
The list is divided on the bases of Fiction, Crime, Comedy and reality… Although, we already covered these categories in our previous post, but these shows deserve a special mention for being the best of the best.
Also, a special mention of the makers of the show has also ordered as a note of appreciation to them for making their show such a great success. What are we waiting for?? Let’s start the list.
- Balika Vadhu: Just yesterday the makers of the show said at Golden Petal awards that the show is completing almost 1500 episodes. So this addition in our list was but obvious, isn’t it? The year ‘2013’ has been full of challenges with the show’s lead Pratyusha Banerjee moving out and Toral Rasputra being roped in as the new Anandi which, did give this project a jolt. But as all good fighters do it came back with a bang only to get another switch from Sriti to Sargun, but Balika Vadhu has somehow managed to stay above the rocky terrain… well now that called a real feat!!!
- Sphere Origins (Balika Vadhu): A trend-setter of a show going strong with beautifully crafted story lines that often deals with social issues. The team of Sunjoy Wadhwa and Purnendu Shekhar emerged as ‘visionaries’ who showed the way of breaking the shackles of ‘saas-bahu sagas’ on TV and coming up with a novel subject which will entice the audience to stick to it, even after years of its launch…
- Diya Aur Baati Hum: This show has been topping the TV charts for almost two years now. Somehow Bhabho torturing Sandhya and asking her leave her dream and Suraj’s determination to get the dream fulfilled has appealed one and all. Now, that Sandhya would be an IPS officer, we can think of number of possibilities where Sandhya would be stuck between her ‘Farz’ and ‘Dharm’… A lot of scope remains for the show, so all the best and keep up the good work.
- Shashi-Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt. Ltd (Diya Aur Baati Hum): Shashi and Sumeet Mittal who started their journey in Hindi television as writers have made a big impact as Producers. The most impressive aspect of the show is that the major crux of the concept has just started, and there is a long way to go for this already popular show.
- Jodha Akbar: Zee TV’s Jodha Akbar has managed to be a wonder show. It started slowly but today it stands second on the TV charts with a huge fan following.
- Balaji Telefilms (Jodha Akbar): Ekta Kapoor has once again proved her critics wrong by making a success story of Jodha Akbar. After a lot of controversy and problems the popularity for the leading characters is simply growing with every passing day.
- Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara: This Star Plus show has all the ingredients that a Rajshri project must have. This hit formula mixture seems to have worked for the show as its being liked by one and all. This sweet show is climbing the ladder of success slowly and steadily.
- Rajshri Productions (Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara): Simplicity mixed with a realistic feel when it comes to their characters and story-telling – this is what keeps Rajshri Productions in the elite group.
- Qubool Hai: we can call it the favorite kind of love story… the success of the show has proves it as well. Their risk of depicting a Muslim family and a daringly free bird Zoya has been gone well and has created the right kind of buzz all over.
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: beauty lies in simplicity and this show is as simple as it is beautiful… an ode to the makers to break all norms of Masala Mixing in the show, and proving one and all that Indian Television Soap Opera can run well on a different norm as well.
- Director’s Kut (Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai): all we can present you with is a Salute… No amount of words can describe their success of this show.
- Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke: every time the show has managed to do something that grabs the attention of youth… with a rebel mind and brave souls that support her the show has somehow become a message giver and thus may be is appreciated by one and all.
- Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon: if we say same old formula of love stories… all would definitely agree. But the twist is added in the show by its casting, RK and Madhubala have worked the magic really well, and though all they do is either fight or cry or fight more or express love or fight some more…. The show is being doing well.
Crime Related Shows
- Crime Patrol: one of the biggest hit and success story on Sony Tv. An inspiration to many that are following the foot step… It is basically the trend setter for real life crime stories being aired in fiction.
- Optimystix Productions (Crime Patrol and Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali): And what have we to tell about their other popular show, Crime Patrol? The manner in which they bring to the notice of audience, horrendous and sensitive real-life cases makes Optimystix stand out from the rest.
To create a comedy show like Comedy Circus is one thing, but to sustain its success for many years is another? It’s simply a team-effort that has kept this stand-up comedy show going strong for years!!
- CID: the show has been running from 16 years and has been remade in different languages as well. For an adult CID represents the forwarded jokes that brings smile in their daily routine, but for kids they are kind of superheroes that solve mysteries and break doors. ;p
- Fireworks Productions (Hum Ne Li Hai.. Shapath and CID): The time has taken a twist and Reality based crime shows have had conquered the market…but these shows manages to capture the market effortlessly which is a great success in itself.
- Gumrah : The show targets the youth crimes…. And reciprocates love from the youth at every level. In its season 3 the show has brought a sense of awareness especially in today’s youth.
- Lost Boy Productions (Gumrah, Yeh Hai Aashiqui, MTV Webbed): Vikas Gupta and his team have kept giant steps in educating and spreading messages to the young blood via their real-life stories in Gumrah and MTV Webbed.
The team has given a trend-setter in Yeh Hai Aashiqui, a show that tells unusual, gripping love stories. Must say, the creative team of all the three shows needs a pat on their backs for enlightening the viewers with grave issues and incidents.
- Comedy Nights with Kapil: “Over Night Success”… this is the perfect term for the show, it shooted like a rocket and by the second or the third episode everybody talked about the show… and its characters. Today every star wants to be a part of Comedy Nights With Kapil. The best example is of SRK coming on this show not once but twice as he was so much in awe of Kapil.
The project also had its share of off screen moments with its set catching fire and Sunil Grover (Gutthi) opting out of the project. But, in spite of all the highs and lows it has managed to maintain its popularity.
- K9 / SOL Productions (Comedy Nights with Kapil): Kapil Sharma, take a bow!! The man has got a huge share of popularity for being a super anchor and producer who has taken the show to great heights.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: . How many of our GEC shows have a Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi and a South Indian family staying together in the same society? Well none as most of the stories revolve between two families of the same cast but this family entertainer – rib tickling drama has all in it. It manages to stand out of the crowd in the number race.
- Neela Telefilms (Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah): Take a bow, making everyone laugh nonstop even after this long a run and still going super steady… all we can say is we love you all.
- Big Synergy (Kaun Banega Crorepati): Siddhartha Basu and Anita Kaul Basu’s brain child (KBC) is now an independent individual who stands tall amidst some serious competition. Year after year, the makers along with their dynamic host Amitabh Bachchan have managed to reap rewards of its success.
- Bigg Boss 7: The ‘Baap’ of all shows, Bigg Boss can only survive with trouble brewing from all quarters!! This time around the controversial quotient touched a altogether different notch.
- Endemol India (Bigg Boss 7): Bigg Boss can be loved, hated but never be ignored!, Though this season is touted to be a bit more violent and cheap, nobody can ever stop talking about it.
Hmmm!!!! Like a yummy pastry on any occasion makes the day… these show have made our year yummier than ever, wishing them all the luck and love for the next year. May you all bring something new, interesting, special and amazing for us to enjoy…
While you float in the nostalgia of these show, we will see you tomorrow with our special countdown post. Till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying and Keep Reading!!! And yup don’t forget to send across your Views, Reviews, Suggestions and Remarks.
So!!!! Another day of the year has gone and we are coming ever closer to the New Year!!!! Aren’t you guys excited or what????
Well I deeply apologize for yesterday, taking you down the memoirs of show that has been axed in the year must have been nostalgic to the fans of the show… but that’s part and parcel of our countdown, we wouldn’t have liked to miss them a good mention, they all deserved it.
Anyways if yesterday was Melancholy, today is all about Tickling Ribs… Yup the Comedy shows of 2013 that have made you shed tears of happiness. The show that have given you joke to share with friends the very next day, or have given you cheesy non cheesy lines to increase your humor quotient or has given you a new time pass on You Tube when you are getting bored or has given you a smile after a grilling session with Boss/Employee/ Wife/Husband.
Well if the show has made you laugh out loud, we are proud to feature it in our countdown post… The Shows that tickled you over the year 2013.
Over the time the definition of comedy shows has broaden… And thus we have split the table for shows into four parts as well.
Well these have been charmers for the year… Although Comedy Circus series have been entertaining us all… The title Comedy Nights has claimed all fame in this and most of the other genre as well.
The TRP of Comedy Nights with Kapil had brought multitude of Celebrities on show, which in return maintained the TRP. Comedy Circus has been steady source of laughter and talented comedians this year as well. This year the Talent of ‘Hasya Kavita’ has also showered us with hilarious and entertaining moments, the follower of this up till dying art breathed a sigh of relief and happiness with the kind of response the show received.
All in all we can say that our ribs are super proud of these ticklers.
While reality comedy show took all the spot light, we had some that are as equally special. These show often make a strong memoirs in the minds of the viewers… remember Hum Paanch.
Ohk!!!! so we do not want to go that back in the memory lane, so let’s stick to this year. A mix of new shows and old readily entertained us, with antics that there characters threw or for the trouble they always end up into.
The best part of all this is that they usually have an underline message, and that message is usually so pure and sweet that it makes the hilarious journey sweeter.
Well this is definitely one of a kind category and does it have just one entry in it… Cooking shows might have a joke or two cracked while the soup is steering, but here the whole story revolves around like a comic fictional show….. where the housemates don’t just act but cook regularly and show us how they have done it including a recap at the end of the show.
Well, the year has been innovative and we give this show all points for that.
Well both the topics actually go hand in hand like two school kids… after all you cannot have major traumatic drama in the shows that you cater to kids, all the emotional quotient and melodrama is fixed only inside show catering to teen and above.
Although a common theme but 2013 has just one entry for the category…
COMEDY + CHILDREN SHOW
||Mon-Fri at 8:00pm
Just looking at these shows, which are ready to make me laugh everyday or on weekends; brings a smile on my face. As I remember the favorite funny moments of watching these shows with Family, Friends or Alone or as I said great fun in cracking those jokes again to share a laugh with one and all.
I Have to agree this has been one of the most fun journey down the memory lane for me and I hope and have faith that it is same for you as well… but remember there are still 11 days left to the New Year, which mean equal amount of journey in 2013 as well.
So while you enjoy the feel of Happy memoirs we sign off right now to prepare and bring tomorrow post of our countdown… See you guys tomorrow, till then Keep Watching, Keep Enjoying and Keep Reading!!! And yup don’t forget to send across your Views, Reviews, Suggestions and Remarks.
65TH Primetime Emmy awards marked a season of hits and misses, a season of unexpected wins! The award ceremony, celebrated the hits and misses of television, those programming from 1st June, 2012 till 31st May, 2013, in Nokia theatre in downtown LA, California. While CBS covered the ceremony for the entire United States, our very own Zee Cafe broadcasted the recorded version, for Indian audience last night!
It was a truly remarkable show, honoring the biggies, both in person and posthumously as well. The show had fillers by way of ‘In memoriam’ where stalwarts paid a tribute to those television personalities, who had contributed into the growth of show world, but unfortunately were no longer between us.
Stalwarts like Robin Williams and Rob Reiner paid a heartfelt tribute to Jonathan Winters (a stalwart in comedy) and actress Jean Stapleton. Cory Monteith, Gary David Goldberg and James Gandolfini, some television and theatre biggies, who we lost tragically this year, were given honorary tributes as well.
While the audience grieved the loss of some, they went jubilant with the wins of many. The audience clapped and cheered as some of the leading category nominations were bagged by popular programs like Breaking Bad, Game of thrones, A good wife, Modern Family, The Colbert Report, Behind the Candelabra, Home land, House of Cards, Mad Men, American Horror Story and many more.
‘Behind the candelabra’ was something of a revelation, which won honors in the category of ‘Outstanding directing for a miniseries/movie’, ‘Outstanding lead actor’( won by Michael Douglas as Liberace) and ‘Outstanding miniseries or movie’.
Other winners in the category of ‘Outstanding comedy’, ‘Outstanding drama’, and ‘Outstanding variety’ ‘series were won by ‘Modern Family’, ‘Breaking Bad’, ‘The Colbert Report’ in that order, respectively. ‘The Colbert Report’ was lucky to even bag the award for ‘Outstanding writing for a variety series’ as well. The other programs, emerging as winners, in this category were ’30 Rock’, ‘Homeland’ and ‘The Hour’.
Reality shows were also given honors in the category of ‘Outstanding reality-competition program’, which was won by ‘The Voice’. ‘Dancing with the stars’ bagged the trophy for ‘Outstanding Choreography’ too, which was awarded to Derek Hough.
While the audience cheered, applauded and cried in many of their victories, what came as a turn of surprise were the following awards in the direction category. These were truly amazing, yet a little unexpected by many. For comedy series, the award went to ‘Modern Family director Gail Mancuso, while for drama, David Fincher or ‘House of Cards’ fame was done the honors. Directors Don Roy King and Steven Soderbergh won the same award for their respective directorial ventures namely ‘Saturday Night Live’ and ‘Behind the Candelabra’ respectively.
No award ceremony is complete without honoring the lead roles. If Michael Douglas won the award for the lead actor in miniseries, Laura Linney won it for the lead actress for her role as Cathy Jamison in ‘The Big C:Hereafter’. Similarly, outstanding lead actor and actress for drama and comedy series were won by Jeff Daniels and Claire Danes, Jim Parsons and Julia Louis-Dreyfus respectively.
The supporting cast winners in Comedy, Drama and Miniseries were to the tune of Tony Hale, Merrit Wever, Bobby Cannavale, Anna Gunn, James Cromwell and Ellen Burstyn respectively.
In short, the award ceremony was a huge success and the biggest winner could be quoted to be ‘NetFlix’, which made history, by earning almost 14 Primetime Emmy nominations this year alone, with its web series ‘Arrested Development’, ‘Hemlock Grove’ and ‘House of Cards’.
More than awards, it was the beautiful journey of television, which was aptly told by Don Cheadle, who took us down the memory lane, to the momentous events of 1963 with John F Kennedy’s assassination and his funeral procession’s live coverage. It’s indeed been a long journey for television since then, which continues to capture the heartfelt emotions of several similar heart wrenching events till date!
Share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this award show on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app.